Labview vi for micro maestro

Here is an attached labview (8.5) vi for controlling your micro maestro, also a powerpoint of the same plus device setup -must use dual port

this is a fully functional vi
enjoy
Rob
pololu.pptx (168 KB)
Maestro 6 SCC Servo Example - Learn - 85.vi (24.1 KB)

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your VI. Unfortunately, we do not use LabVIEW, so we are unable to try using it ourselves. If anyone else finds it useful, we would be interested to hear about it.

- Kevin

Hello,
I am using Labview VI for micro maestro but want to know how to connect it to rs232 DB9 pin?

Avnish

Hello, Avnish.

As you probably noticed, the Maestro does not have a DB9 connector. (It does not work with RS-232 serial signals, though it does accept 5V TTL serial signals.) If you just need to connect from LabView on your computer to the Maestro’s serial pins, you can use something like this USB-to-serial adapter. If you have some kind of RS-232 serial output device that you are controlling with LabView, you might instead consider using something like this RS-232 to TTL serial converter.

-Jon

Thanks. But as I am not familiar with the pins can you tell me which pins do I need to connect to the serial to pololu, as I am using VISA serial block in the Labview VI

Avnish

In general, when making serial connections between two devices, you should connect the TX on the first device to the RX on the second, and RX on the first to the TX of the second device. It is no different with the Mini Maestro. You can find a picture and description of those connections under the “Connecting a Microcontroller” section of the Maestro’s user’s guide, which you can find under the “Resources” tab of its product page. You can learn more about the Maestro’s serial interface under the “Serial Interface” section of its user’s guide.

-Jon