Micro Maestro 6-channel controller with Mac OS X 10.11.3

@AmandaS I am also trying to work with a 6 channel controller with a mac. This feels like is should be easier. I am completely lost in how to do this. I am hoping to use my arduino to control my polulu but i need to use my macbook pro running 10.11.3 to access the command interface. Please assist!

Hello.

I moved your post to a new topic since you are not using the same Maestro as the person in the original topic and you seem to have different issues.

I am sorry you are having trouble getitng started with the Maestro. Have you tried just controlling the Maestro from your Arduino using its TTL serial interface without connecting it to USB or changing any of its settings? You can find information about how to do that in the “Using the Maestro without USB” section of the Maestro user’s guide. I would also recommend that you read the “Serial Interface” section of the user’s guide and try using our Arduino library for the Maestro.

If you need to change any of the Maestro’s settings, the easiest way would probably be to find a Windows computer so that you can run the Maestro Control Center software. We do not provide any Maestro software for Mac OS X.

Please let me know if you have any more questions or problems.

–David

Okay I am going to run tests on all of this today and hopefully before the weekend. Will you be around over the weekend? I have an academic project I need to finish for sure this weekend. I can run parallels and windows 7 on my mac. Maybe thats the fix. I will give both of these options a shot.