Pololu Robotics & Electronics
My account Comments or questions? About Pololu Contact Ordering information Distributors

Zumo Curriculum / In the classroom / in schools

Just wondering if anyone has any robotic curriculum? Are there any teachers or professors using these bots in the classroom?

Hi, I am planning to use Zumo in the classroom.
According to my projects, I’ll start with simpler robot kits the students can build themselves (a chassis, two wheels, casters, an arduino uno, a sensor card, a bunch of sensors to connect when needed, dc motors with their L298 driver, and little more), and then I’ll go with Zumos.
Nothing ready, yet. I’ll share my experience with you, if you’re interested.
At present, I have to decide which model to buy: 50:1, 75:1, or 100:1 gear ratio?
I understand that the three different assembly options give different speed/torque, Of course 50:1 is the fastest and 100:1 is the strongest, so to say. I need the robots for my lessons, so I don’t have precise needs, I don’t need extraordinary speed, thus I’d probably take 75:1 or 100:1.
By the way, any advice about it?
Some Internet site where the three options are reviewed?
How slow is the slowest one?
In this moment I am searching the forum to see if any discussion about the subject already exists.
Best regards

I see you posted a similar question on another forum thread. I have posted a response there.