Zumo 32U4 instruction set available?

Hello,

I have a Zumo 32U4 with motor 50:1.
Is there a instruction set for the robot?
I know there are some examples and I tried it (very nice). But maybe there are more instructions for the Zumo. It would be nice to have the instructions all in one document with descriptions, too.

For example is there a instruction for “turn around 180°”, “drive 10 cm/inch” etc.

Thanks in advance.

Joi

Hello, Joi.

(There were some errors in my previous response so I deleted it.)

You might find it helpful to look at the Zumo 32U4 Arduino library’s complete documentation, which is linked under “Documentation” on the front page of the Zumo 32U4 GitHub repository. Every function defined in the Zumo 32U4 library is documented there, with details on how to use them.

The Zumo32U4 library takes care of the details of accessing the hardware on the Zumo 32U4, but it doesn’t directly provide the kinds of high-level commands that you listed. The simplest way to turn the Zumo would be to set the motors to drive in opposite directions, delay for some amount of time, and then stop the motors. However, it will be hard to make precise turns using this method, so you might want to use feedback from the Zumo’s gyro instead of using a fixed delay. You can look at the code in GridMovement.cpp under the “examples/MazeSolver” folder of the repository to get an idea of how to do that. Note that the code (in GridMovement.cpp) uses line sensors to finish the turn, so if you want your robot to turn without using a line to align itself, you would need to use some kind of PID. As for driving a certain distance, you can use the encoders to control the distance traveled by counting the encoder ticks.

- Amanda

Hi Amanda,

thank you a lot for your reply. So when I understand that right every instruction for the 32U4 is in one of the examples of the library. O.k. then I will have a look one more time with more focus on the instructions.

My intense of the question was if there are instructions like the parallax scribbler S2: move_to(x, y) or arc_to(x, y, radius). The S2 object treats the surface as an X-Y grid and keeps track of
the S2’s position and orientation automatically.

Ok. thank you again and I will ask again if my lovely Zumo treats in a different way as I told him!

Greetings,
Joi

Hi Amanda,

thank you for the links. That was exactly what I was looking for! Sorry that I missed it by myself.

Greetings,
Joi