Wixel suddenly not being recognized

One of my two Wixels is suddenly not being recognized by my computer.
I followed the user manual directions to put it into bootloader mode by connecting P2_2 to 3.3 V. When I turn on my own power source, the yellow LED lights. If I then connect the USB, the Wixel is still not recognized by the Wixel configuration utility and the command prompt says no Wixels found.
This Wixel was actually recently acting faulty. When I plugged in the USB, the green LED wouldn’t light immediately and I had to push the cable connector around in it to get it to start working. Now it doesn’t light at all. The cable is definitely in as far as it can go.
My other Wixel is working fine…

Hello, sheepcounter.

I’m sorry you are having trouble with the Wixel now. What does the green LED do when you connect P2_2 to 3.3 V and plug the Wixel into USB? Do you see any entries for the Wixel in your computer’s Device Manager when it is plugged in? Please be sure to check the “Other Devices” category as well as the “Pololu USB Devices” and the “Ports (COM & LPT)” categories.

Just to rule out any problem with the USB cable or port, please try connecting each of your Wixels using the same USB port and USB cable and verify that only one of them works.

–David

The green LED doesn’t light up after connecting P2_2 to 3.3 V and plugging it into USB. It doesn’t show up in the device manager.
The other Wixel works with the same cable and USB port.

Is there any other way I can troubleshoot? :frowning:

Sorry for not responding sooner. Unfortunately, I don’t think I can help you much more without seeing the Wixel. Please email email us directly to get RMA instructions and refer to this forum topic in your email.

–David

Hello,

I have quite the same problem with my Wixel. I wrote a new app to my Wixel with the Wixel Configuration utility, and after it the Wixel was not recognized, and the green led never turned on. I tried with another USB cabel also but no green led.

Was there any solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance,
DANDOOOOO

Hello, DANDOOOOO.

I’m sorry you are having trouble with the Wixel. It’s possible that your app has a problem with it that causes it to not maintain the USB connection correctly. Have you tried disconnecting everything from the Wixel, then connecting P2_2 to the 3V3 line, and then plugging the Wixel into USB? This should force the Wixel into bootloader mode. After doing this, do you see any entries for the Wixel in your computer’s Device Manager? Please be sure to check the “Other Devices” category as well as the “Pololu USB Devices” and the “Ports (COM & LPT)” categories.

–David

Thank you for your help, now I was able to write a sample program to the Wixel, and now it’s working again. I don’t know yet what is the problem with my app, but I will try to debug it.