Wiring stepper motor to DRV8824 Stepper Motor Driver

Hello

I have 3 linear stages that are driven by Nema 08 stepper motors. I am trying to use 3 Pololu Low Current stepper motor drivers with the C10 bidirectional breakout board to control the motion using Mach3. From as far as i have understood i can connect the stepper motors connections to the Pololu board and then i would need to connect the pololu board to the c10 board.

I have a few questions regarding the wiring:
a). I would need to connect the four motor leads to A1 A2 B1 B2.
b). After this will i need to connect the Pololu drive to a power supply or will it be able to draw enough power from the C10 Bi directional breakout board - link for the board - cnc4pc.com/Store/osc/product … ucts_id=45
c). Also if i would need to connect the Pololu boards individually to a power supply, then how much voltage would i need to supply and which are the terminals on the board?
d). Also what connections would i need to take from the Pololu board to the C10 Breakout board? Will only the Step and Direction connection be enough?

Please forgive my questions, i have very little idea about this and trying to learn as much as possible.

Any inputs in this regard is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Runvar

Hi, Runvar.

I think all of your questions are answered by the “Minimal wiring diagram for connecting a microcontroller to a DRV8824/DRV8825 stepper motor driver carrier (full-step mode)” located on the DRV8824 product page. If you still find something confusing after looking at the diagram and rest of the product page, please let me know.

-Derrill

Thanks Derrill. I think i have figured out most of the connections.
With regard to the Capacitor that need to be used a 100uf capacitor with what Voltage is recommended.
Is a 50 V 100uf capacitor fine?

Yes, a 50V 100uf capacitor is fine.

-Derrill