win7 32bit cannot find 6 port USB controller driver

hardware: Micro Maestro 6-Channel USB Servo Controller
problem:
after I plug the controller into my laptop. I can see driver manager shows 3 new hardware found. but with an error message “Code 28: The drivers for this device are not installed”

tried:
installed driver pack "maestro_windows_100706"
manually remove driver
use another port / usb cable
reboot

anyone can help me get a copy of the usb driver, I think my win7 just didn’t have them :frowning:

Hello, FuzzyCat.

You said you installed the “driver pack maestro_windows_100706”. Just to be sure: did you run setup.exe (or maestro.msi)? You should have seen the following warning message twice during the installer:

Did you click “Install this Driver Software Anyway”?

What do you mean by “manually remove driver”?

–David

thanks for reply.
my mistake, the os should be 64bit :confused:
I tried to run setup.exe
but I didn’t see the message about the driver
and I also tried use the driver from /maestro_windows/drivers/
when everything is not working. I remove the hardware from “computer manager” and try again, still not working.

What do you mean by “manually remove driver”?
computer manager / remove unrecognize hardware

I don’t know why the automatic installation of the drivers during setup.exe failed. Maybe a manual installation will work. Please try this:

1. In the Device Manager, right click on “Pololu Micro Maestro 6-Servo Controller” and select “Update Driver Software…”. This will bring up a window entitled “Update Driver Software”.
  2. Click “Browse my computer for driver software”.
  3. Using the “Browse…” button or the keyboard, enter the full path of the directory that contains maestro.inf. This will probably be C:\Program Files (x86)\Pololu\Maestro\drivers.
  4. Click “Next”.
  5. If you get an error message, please post the entire error message for me here.

–David