What functions can a servo controller do?

Hi everyone

I’m new to the servo controller and never used one before, so i really need your help. I just want to make sure that the servo controller (say the Pololu USB 16-Servo Controller) can do what I need to do. I need the controller to actuate several RC servo motors independently, tell them to reach their intended angle, and hold their position until I tell them to return to the neutural position. Can the Pololu USB 16-Servo Controller facilitate that?

Also, how would I know if the RC servo motors are compatible with the controller?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers all

John

Hi John,

Yes, that’s exactly what a Servo Controller does. You will need to write a computer program to send commands to the servo controller, telling it to do exactly what you want, exactly when you want it. There are many examples on this forum and on the main Pololu web site of how to do this in different languages.

Almost any R/C servo will be compatible with our servo controllers. To be absolutely sure, you can check that it can be controlled with 5V pulses, 1-2 ms in length, or that it works with a standard R/C receiver.

-Paul