Using two Maestro cards

Hi
I am trying to control 2 Maestro cards, with my own software.
I tried without success to plug both to the USB port (when I changed one of the cards device number), but it did not work.
In addition I tried the Daisy chaining drawing, using the TXIN input, but it failed as well.
I would appropriate some help.
Thanks in advance
Regards
Netzer

Hello.

It is generally possible to control multiple Maestros from one computer. If you want help troubleshooting your software, we would need to know more details about it. What operating system and development tools are you using? What is the simplest possible code that should work but doesn’t? How do you expect it to behave and how does it actually behave? What are your Maestro settings? Can you successfully control each Maestro using the Maestro Control Center?

–David

Hello
Thank you David.
regarding your followup questions

1. I am using Windows 7 and visual studio 2008.
  2. I am writing command to the Maestro card to work using the different device number to each card, but only one card reacts.
  3. The device is set to 11 and 12 for device number with mini SSC offset of 5 (tried a couple more) and I tried different combination for serial mode (both on Dual USB Port, both on USB chained , one on Dual and the other on chained and visa versa)
  4. using the Maestro Control Center, I can successfully control both cards.

In a nutshell I am trying to use the Pololu Protocol to send command with to different device number and I am not confused of the following:

1. establishing Ports: should I try to open one port of usb or two?
  2. connecting the cards: should I connect the, both using USB cable to the computer or connect one card and then use the TXIN connection as in page 45 of the manual “Daisy chaining serial devices that have a TXIN input”.

Best
Netzer

Hello.

You can either connect both Maestros to the computer via USB or do serial daisy chaining as described in the “Daisy Chaining” section of the user’s guide. If you do the former you would open two COM ports. If you do the latter you would open one COM port.

–David