Use audio signal as input for Micro Maestro

I have my first Micro Maestro 6 successfully driving my servo and now I am looking for some advice on using the analog input.

The documentation says:
The inputs on channels 0–11 are analog: their values range from 0 to 255.75, representing voltages from 0 to 5 V

I am starting with a standard mp3 style audio out, the louder the audio the further the servo should move, quiet moving back to the start position.

Before I go too much further I am looking for some suggestions…

Because by input voltage is not 0-5VDC do I try to use the input I have and adjust for the appropriate movement in programming?

Or do I need to look at something like a single supply rail to rail op amp, perhaps with an offset to get the signal into the 0-5VDC range? If so can anyone suggest some parts / products (small) that they think would be the best option?

Perhaps there are better options I am not even aware of, I don’t have a lot of space and a single 5VDC supply but am open to any recommendations.

Thanks.

Hi.

We don’t have much experience working with audio signals and don’t carry any audio processing devices, so we do not have any specific suggestions. Maybe someone else can suggest something.

-Claire