Unable to connect Micro Maestro

I am new to this and purchased a micro maestro. I am unable to get the control center software to work with the maestro. I am running windows xp and have installed service pack 3. Any idea what im missing?

Hello. I am sorry you are having trouble with your Micro Maestro. Please disconnect everything from the Micro Maestro and just plug it into USB. What are the green, yellow, and red LEDs doing? Did you ever see the Found New Hardware wizard appear? Have you tried following the instructions in the “Installing Windows Drivers and Software” section of the Maestro User’s Guide, and if so what is the first step that didn’t work?

–David

i followed all the steps and no results. the green led is on solid and the yellow is blinking. i was able to get it working on a windows 7 pc so i think the problem might be with xp. the hardware wizard did appear but failed during install, it was unable to locate drivers.

Could you please tell me what files you have in the C:\Program Files\Pololu\Maestro\drivers folder? If you installed the software in the default location, that directory should contain driver files that we can use.

Also, with the Maestro plugged into USB, could you please go to your Device Manager and tell me what entries you see for the Maestro? You should look for the “Pololu USB Devices”, “Ports (COM & LPT)”, and “Other Devices” categories, though some of them might not be present on your system. Please be sure to tell me the name of each entry and what category it is in.

–David

the files are PololuIcon.dll, maestro (setup Info), Pololu_usb_to_serial (setup info) as well as 3 filefolders amd64, ia64, x86

In the device manager i have two ports for maestro Command port, and ttl port

As described in the user’s guide, there should normally be three entries for the Maestro in the Device Manager. Do you see “Pololu Micro Maestro 6-Servo Controller” in the “Other Devices” category or in the “Pololu USB Devices” category? This is the entry that the Maestro Control Center talks to, so it is important for it to be there.

Could you please select View -> Devices by Connection and find the Maestro’s entries in that list, so we can get a better idea of what is happening? A screenshot of the Maestro’s entries in that view would be great and you can post it here using the Upload Attachment button.

–David

Problem solved! when I looked at devices by connection, it showed that the USB driver was missing. I was able to click on it and update the driver i am now connected and running

Thank you for you help