Unable to access drivers Micro Maestro 6

Hi

I have just purchased the Micro Maestro 6.
I have been trying for a number of hours to set up the drivers and software and have followed all the directions -written and on video but to no avail.
When i plug in usb to laptop one led flashes once (yellow) then never flashes again.
Windows 7
In the Program Files\Pololu\ Maestro folder i have the following files and folders :-
bin
drivers
In drivers I have
amd64 (folder)
x86 (folder)
maestro.inf
pololu.cat
pololu_usb_to_serial.inf
PololuIcon.dll
When I checked the devices I can not find any reference to pololu or maestro.

I have installed and removed 4 times now so I have come here to ask assistance.

Regards

Fred

Hello, Fred.

I am sorry you are having problems with your Maestro. Does the computer give any signs that it is recognizing Maestro? Does an unknown device appear in the device manager? Is Windows making the USB device connected sound? Could you try using a different USB cable? Could you also try different USB ports and a different computer if possible?

- Grant

Hi Grant

Thanks for the prompt response.

None

No

No

I have tried three two that I had and I purchased a new one today still no good.

I have disconnected all usb devices and connected only the one for the Maestro - still no recognition

I am borrowing a laptop tomorrow - I will let you know the outcome

Regards

Fred

Let us know how that goes. It was also not clear if you tried plugging the Maestro into several different USB ports on your computer, if you haven’t yet, you could try that as well. If neither of those work, could you post pictures of the inside of the USB port on the Maestro so I can check for any signs of damage to it?

- Grant

Hi

Now resolved with a new lead- problems with data lead.
Thanks for the pointers all working well.

Regards

Fred

Thanks for letting us know. I am glad you got it working.

- Grant