Trouble compileing

I have a frustrating problem with compiling on my win7 box, works fine in linux 32 and 64bit, I compiled a 64bit SDCC to that end. Ive tried the win 64bit SDCC snapshot in desperation, same result.

Enviroment: Win7 64 bit, service pack 1, [Version 6.1.7601]
SDCC version: 3.1.0 32bit
pololu build tools: 3.82-pololu2

PATH set up as follows
C:\Program Files (x86)\SDCC\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Pololu\GNU Build Utilities;\bin

location of binaries on disk
C:\Program Files (x86)\SDCC\bin and C:\Program Files (x86)\Pololu\GNU Build Utilities

output

C:\wixel-sdk>make -v
GNU Make 3.82-pololu2
Built for Windows32
Copyright © 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
Modified by Pololu https://www.pololu.com
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.

C:\wixel-sdk>sdcc -v
SDCC : mcs51/gbz80/z80/z180/r2k/ds390/pic16/pic14/TININative/ds400/hc08 3.1.0 #7
066 (Nov 22 2011) (MINGW32)

C:\wixel-sdk>make all
cp libraries/src/uart/core/uart.c libraries/src/uart/uart0.c
cp libraries/src/uart/core/uart.c libraries/src/uart/uart1.c
cp libraries/src/spi_master/core/spi_master.c libraries/src/spi_master/spi0_mast
er.c
cp libraries/src/spi_master/core/spi_master.c libraries/src/spi_master/spi1_mast
er.c
Compiling libraries/src/uart/uart0.rel
’C:\Program’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
at 1: warning 190: ISO C forbids an empty source file
make: *** [libraries/src/uart/uart0.rel] Error 1

C:\wixel-sdk>make clean
libraries/src/uart/uart0.c
libraries/src/uart/uart1.c
libraries/src/spi_master/spi0_master.c
libraries/src/spi_master/spi1_master.c
libraries/src/uart/uart0.adb

C:\wixel-sdk>make
Compiling apps/io_repeater/io_repeater.rel
make: *** [apps/io_repeater/io_repeater.rel] Error 1

C:\wixel-sdk>make clean
apps/io_repeater/io_repeater.adb

It appears to be a path issue but the varied output from make and make all is odd. puuled the latest sdk from git as well as the older bundled one…same result.

Madness is setting in. Help… :open_mouth:

Hello.

I am sorry you are having trouble compiling.

I split your second post into its own topic because it wasn’t about the Wixel, but some of the information in it might be useful so here is a link to it for future reference:

What kind of shell are you using? If you are not using the standard windows Command Prompt, could you please try that?

Also, please try running “make VERBOSE=true” so we can see exactly what command is failing. (VERBOSE is an option used by the Wixel Makefile.)

–David

Hi David, thanks for the reply.

Let me say up front the wixel itself is brilliant, in a very short time I have been able to knock off most of this current project thanks to it, a set of six remote sensors talking to a embedded linux base station. Ive been able to migrate most of the processing onto the wixels themselves. A significant saving in hardware and complexity.

I’m sure the issue is some thing broken on the windows box itself rather than any failing of the sdk or tools and am about to reformat the loathsome thing and do a fresh install, my linux machines have had no issues at all, well apart from the shiftbrite app not compiling under my 64bit sdcc 3.2 but that doesn’t bother me.

Here is the output you requested, standard windows cmd shell.

C:\wixel-sdk>make VERBOSE=true
sdcc -c apps/io_repeater/io_repeater.c -Wp,-MD,apps/io_repeater/io_repeater.d,-M
T,apps/io_repeater/io_repeater.rel,-MP -Ilibraries/include -Wa,-p --model-medium --debug -o apps/io_repeater/io_repeater.rel
make: *** [apps/io_repeater/io_repeater.rel] Error 1

Cheers

Problem solved with a reinstall of the os. Bullet bitten. :wink:

I am glad you got you were able to fix your problem. The bug seems to be caused by sdcc.exe itself. If it ever starts happening again it would be nice to figure out how to reproduce it and report it as a bug to the SDCC developers.

–David