Trex Jr--setting a minimum threshold to overcome motor stall

Hi all,

I am using a trex jr controller to drive two 24V gear-head motors. during testing, I found that the motors don’t start to move until the about %30 up the analog scale in either direction. This is giving me a huge dead band where the motor won’t move.
I am trying to find a way to set a minimum threshold so that the motor will start moving as soon as it leaves the programmed dead-band. Instead of a linear ramp from 0%-100% can we make it a linear ramp of 30%-100%.

Thanks for any help with this matter.

Ron

Hello, Ron.

Unfortunately, the TReX Jr. does not have a feature that allows a jump in duty cycle from the dead band. In case it helps, our newer Simple Motor Controllers do have that feature, and you can read more about them on their product pages and user’s guide.

Grant

Thanks Grant.

For what it is worth, The Trex Jr is a great controller otherwise. That dead area just makes it unusable for me. Maybe you could put in a suggestion for a future upgrade…

Thanks,
Ron

Hello, Ron.

Thank you for your feedback. That is definitely a feature we will add if we make a second-generation version of the TReX.

Grant