Soldering T Connector to VNH5019 Motor Driver Shield

Hi,

I purchased the Dual VNH5019 Motor Driver Shield for Arduino, which I am planning on running in single channel mode. I am planning on running my motor at 13 Amps and therefore following the documentation here clicked the link for “High Current Connectors” and bought the T-connectors I was redirected to here. My question is, having now received the connectors, I’m not entirely sure how to solder them to the motor driver. The two pins on each connector are oriented in different directions and are far too large to fit in any of the holes, eg for M2A or M2B. Any direction on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

Those connectors should not be soldered to the board directly. As those instructions state, you should use thick wires soldered directly to the board with those high current connectors on the other end. You should solder a short piece of thick wire to the VIN and GND connections on the boards, and then solder the other end of the wires to the connector. Another wire should connect the power source to the mating connector in a similar fashion.

-Derrill