Setting speed and accélération via the TTL uart

Hello Everybody,
I am a new user of maestro servo controller with a arduino mega.
And i would like to know if it is possible to set with a arduino the speed and the accélération of the maestro via the TTL line.
Thank’s a lot
Best Regards
Alain

Hello, Alain.

Yes, and we have an Arduino library for the Maestro servo controllers that uses TTL serial and has commands for changing those parameters. You can find the GitHub page for that library under the Resources tab of any Maestro page (e.g. here). Speed and acceleration are controlled with the setSpeed() and setAcceleration() commands, which are documented here and our SmoothServoControl sketch shows an example of how to use them.

-Jon

Hello Jonathan,
Thank you for your reply

What I meant was if there is a command to set the speed and acceleration once and for all, without having to send it before each SetTarguet

Thank you

alain

You should not need to call setSpeed() and setAcceleration() before each call to setTarget. Once the speed or acceleration parameters are set for each channel, they retain that value until power is removed from the Maestro.

One thing you can do to skip calling those two commands in your Arduino code is to connect the Maestro to your computer and use the Maestro Control Center to configure those settings. Then, after you disconnect the Maestro from your computer and connect power to it in your system, it will be using your custom-configured speed/acceleration values for each channel. More on how to configure those channels can be found inside the Channel Settings section of the Maestro’s user’s guide.

-Jon

Thank you Jonathan
I will try this evening

I have receivied from pololu 24 x minimaestro today , i will put 576 servos on them

With my best regards

Alain

1 Like

Hello Jonathan,

I would like to thank you for your support.

It’s work fine now.

As i said yesterday i would like to use 24 x minimaester 24 channel (for 576 servos). With the the bus spi (uart) tx only on the arduino

The question is : what is the power consumption of the electrical input (rx) of one minimaester

I need to not go upper than 20ma for the Tx on the arduino

Thank you

Alain

The RX input on the Maestro is a high-impedance input that should not sink or source a significant amount of current. There is a 100k pull-up that will consume about 50 microamps when RX is driven low; even multiplied by 24, this should not be a problem for an Arduino pin.

-Jon

Thank you Jonathan for your support.
Good week-end

alain

Hello Jonathan

Here are exemples of my latest use of 24x maestro 24 channel.
Thanks for your support.

Alain Haerri

1 Like