Serial 16 servo controller problems

I ordered your servo controller, but am having problems programming it. We’re programming it in java, using windows, and are using the javax.comm api to talk to the serial port on my pc. For some reason, the controller does not respond when we try to program it. (all the lights are on, and stay on no matter what we do). We plugged 10V into com 2, and 5V into com1, and have the jumper intact.
Is there anything special that we need to do in order to use the servo controller with windows?

Hello,

All of the LEDs staying on means that the serial input on the microcontroller is staying low. This could happen if you have the logic-level input grounded or if you have a problem with your serial port. What happens when you disconnect the serial cable? Have you verified that your program is sending data to the correct port? In general, you should expect just the yellow light to be on until the first data byte comes in, at which point the LEDs will turn off or flash if there is a problem with that byte.

- Jan

I also work on this project.

I tried using another microcontroller to communicate with the serial servo controller via the TTL-level input. I verified that the bits out of my microcontroller is correct, but your servo controller still doesn’t respond.

my setting
mini-SCII mode
baud rate = 9600
8 data-bits
1 stop-bit
data [0xff 0x00 0xfb]

Hello,

Please provide more details about what is happening. As I noted in my first response, you should expect just the yellow LED to be on until you send some data. If you’re not getting that to happen, there’s a problem with your servo controller’s serial input, and the servo controller won’t respond no matter what you send.

- Jan