Reversing the motor with an analogic signal

Can I do the following without the use of a microcontroller, just with the drive settings and the analogue inputs:

When there is no sign in the analog input the motor should run forward at full speed. When there is a signal (any signal) in the analog input, the motor should be reversed until the signal is off. When it’s off it should go forward again.

I’m using a 24v23 driver

Hello.

Just to clarify, you are asking how to do this with our Simple High-Power Motor Controller 24v23 the same product you are talking about in your other post, correct?

I am not sure what you mean when you say “when there is no sign in the analog input”. Do you mean when the voltage on the analog input is zero? What specifically are you connecting to the analog interface, and how does it work? Once I understand that, I might be able to suggest a solution.

- Patrick

Hello PatrickM,
thanks for your reply.

Yes, the product is the same as the other post.
So, I have a 24 dc motor that should be reversed every 50 minutes for about 60 seconds, after this time it should run forward again. So I plan to connect a timer to it, that sends a signal to the analogic port of the Motor Controller when the motor is to be reversed.
So, when the analogic input is 0 the motor runs forward, when it’s > 0 backwards.

Does your timer output a digital signal, e.g. it is either 0V or some other fixed voltage, like 5V?

- Patrick

Yes it’s a digital signal with a fixed output voltage. The output voltage can be regulated to the desired value.

Since your signal is digital, you can just set up the Simple Motor Controller’s analog input with a neutral position at the midpoint between your low and high signals. Please keep in mind though that the analog channel inputs are not 5V tolerant, so you must not connect voltages over 3.3 V to them.

- Patrick

Thanks, I´ll try it!

Just tried it and it works perfectly. Thanks again.

1 Like