Recording adjustments throughout an experiment with Pololu program

Hello all,

I am using a raspberry pi for an experiment, and need to use the servo to keep model going straight throughout.
After much frustrating experimentation with scripting, I cannot control the servo without using the sliding bar (in the program).

I want to record the minor adjustments made/inputted by the sliding bar throughout the experiment (~10 seconds).
Is there a way to do this through the program? Is there a certain script that will allow me to control the servo via usb on a raspberry pi?

Thanks in advance

Hello.

It is not clear what you are trying to do and what you have tried, but it sounds like you want to use the Maestro and the Raspberry Pi together. If you explain more about what your ultimate goal is, we might be able to offer some suggestions.

- Amanda

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am performing a number of runs on a model boat (with a set thrust etc.).
I need to keep the boat straight by controlling it with the rudder servo -
which currently I can only do using the manual program.

I either need to be able to:

• Control the boat manually with the program, somehow recording the
    inputs I make (e.g. at 5 seconds I sent a pulse that moved the rudder 2
    degrees to the left)
  • or create a script that can allow me to live control the boat and
    record the inputs (however all scripting I have tried cannot get the servo
    to move!)

Really appreciate any help/advice!

In both methods you listed, it seems that you need to directly control your servo through some type of interface. Can you explain in detail how you want to control your system, and describe how all of your components are connected?

You said you tried writing some code. Can you post all of your code or a link to it here?

- Amanda