I’ve been developing some code using the 12v12 jrk controller to control a windshield wiper motor. Everything worked fine, and in fact still does. But I noticed in the jrk configuration utility that I am now getting a serial protocol error.
Since that error is disabled, the error count just goes up but the motor continues running. In fact, the motor does exactly what it is supposed to do. So the error must be happening only once in several cases. Or maybe it is a “ghost” error that gets counted but does not really exist.
I did not used to get this error, and I’m not sure when this error started appearing. My code runs in Microsoft Visual Studio C++ and sends a two-word data signal through COM5 operating as a serial port. Somehow that code is now defective.
Since the code works now, I could just ignore the issue. But I would like to clear it up instead of ignore it. My worst fear is that it indicates some problem with the jrk controller. I already burned out a simple motor controller, and hope that is not happening here.