Product selection/control with relay contacts?

Hi, new to the forum,

I am trying to control two DC actuators (24V, 9amp max) with a control system. The actuators have N/O limit switches at top and bottom. I have available to me for control, 8 relays (Rated 1 Amp, 30 Volts AC/DC maximum) and four digital inputs.

My idea is to utilize the relays to activate a motor controller (two individual or a dual) and then use the digital feedback from the limit switches to release the relay at end of throw (stop the motor). Then of course reverse polarity to return the actuators, stopping again when lower limit is made.

I see controllers with serial, and analog inputs, but is anything readily setup or programmable to be activated at full speed simply by a contact closure?

Thanks for your help,
Brent

Hi, Brent.

Generally, if you have a switch and a pull up or down resistor, you can make a digital signal. Any driver that can be actuated with a digital signal would probably work. I am not really sure what you are trying to do, but you can try taking a look at our high power motor drivers and Simple Motor Controllers to see if they would work for you. The Simple Motor Controllers have a feature for handling limit switches, which you can read about the the user’s guide. Something like our VNH5019 carrier might work too if you supply your motor with a voltage lower than 24V.

Please let me know if this doesn’t answer your questions.

- Ryan