Power HD High-Torque, High-Voltage Digital Servo 1218TH

I am new in this area and still trying to understand everything, so please be patient.

My current project is a paintball sentry station. i was thinking of purchasing the servo ‘Power HD High-Torque, High-Voltage Digital Servo 1218TH’ as the y-axis to have my tower turn horizontally (it will house to marker plus paint, so i want to be on the save side with a stronger servo).

For this purpose, i would need a 180 degree rotation ‘radius’. The controller i am getting is able to send the right signals, my question now is - is the servo able to process them (thus, turning 180 degrees)? the FAQ of this servo tells me how to check AFTER i got the servo so maybe somebody has experience already.

Thank you!

Hello.

According to Power HD 1218TH’s datasheet, the rotation angle is limited to 180°±10°. I was able to get about 180° turn from a unit here by applying 0.6 to 2.4 ms pulses; however, please note that there is no guarantee that the particular servo you receive will be able to turn a full 180 degrees, since there is a 10 degree tolerance.

- Jeremy