Pololu Robotics & Electronics
Menu
My account Comments or questions? About Pololu Contact Ordering information Distributors

Pololu Forum

Pololu Mini Pushbutton Power Switch

I want to use a momentary switch as an on/off switch. I see that the B pin is to be utilized to do this. Not sure how to wire it. Could someone sketch out the circuit for me? This may be too simple to even comment on. I’ll try something else. So far all I’ve been able to manage is have the momentary switch act like one. Thank you kindly!

Could someone at least tell me what I’m trying to do is possible or not? Thanks.

Hello.

Just to clarify, you want to add a external button that functions just the like the button already on the board, correct?

If that is the case, then you can wire a pushbutton across the A and B pins of the switch. If you continue having trouble, could you link to the board and the button you are using and post pictures of your setup?

-Patrick

No actually I hoping this board would convert my external momentary into a on/off switch. Is this not possible?

-Darrell

IMG_2582 IMG_2583 IMG_2584 IMG_2585

I still do not understand what you are trying to do. The button on the board is a momentary pushbutton that acts as an on/off switch. If you are looking for different behavior, can you be more specific about what that is? For example, are you looking for the switch to be on only when your button is held pressed and to be off otherwise (rather than push on/push off behavior)?

By the way, the soldering in your pictures does not look very good, so I would not be too surprised if nothing worked at all right now. You might want to check out the Adafruit Guide to Excellent Soldering which is a useful reference for improving that.

-Patrick