Pololu micro timing pulsed inputs on analog input

Hello,

You are right, but the repeatability will depend on what other things you need the Maestro to do. Good luck!

-Paul

Do you guys write the firmware for this? Maybe a 0.5 micro-second timer could be added that would just count twice as fast, since the device can do 400 micro-seconds in a tight loop, this would be useful.

Hello,

Yes, the firmware is 100% ours. That is a good suggestion, and it would be quite easy to do - except that the Micro Maestro is within a few bytes of being entirely full. It should be pretty easy to add something this to the Mini Maestros, and we will keep it in mind for future firmware releases and product revisions.

The way I would do it is to introduce a get_us command that would return two numbers: a millisecond count and an additional microsecond count with a value from 0-999. Then you could combine the two to get whatever level of precision you need.

-Paul

Thanks! One more thing - I’m using 3 of the servo registers as storage and communications between my application and the pololu. This works ok, but there is a minimum value of 64, which I must offset, and it probably imposes an overhead because it’s operating the pulse modulator. If we had a 4th class of input/output just to store values, this would help…

I would propose that when an output is disabled it still be available to write to, but won’t provide an output.
this would give a storage register that can be queried by a serial program as a servo position.
It would be nice if it would go up to 32000 and down to 0.
Right now I’m using a servo as a storage register - which gives me 255 to 8000 as available numbers ( I have to store a number from 520 to 8000 which is 4 times a measured pulse in ms ) - plus I’m using the acceleration ( 0 to 254 ) as another storage register for int(X/100) of another pulse I’m measuring - and the speed as another storage register for X - int( X/100 ) of the same number.
In any case - the whole thing is working very well.