Pololu Micro Maestro 6 Channel USB Servo Controller

I have an application where I need to rotate a mirror by +/- 90 degrees then switch on a 12V Neon lamp. It would be ideal to control this arrangement remotely via USB.
I know others have successfully used a Motor Bee solution, but I thought the Maestro Servo board would allow the mirror “flip” - but as yet I don’t know how to use the Maestro to switch the lamp on/ off.
Can you help? Or do I have the wrong Maestro for the job???

Hello.

I do not see any reason you could not use the Maestro to rotate your mirror and control the lamp. To control the lamp you could set up one channel of your Maestro as an output (sending digital signals) and use it as the input for a relay. We have some relay modules that have built in MOSFETs, so they can be turned on by standard I/O signals like the Maestro can output.

It is possible to control the Maestro through USB in a few ways. The “Writing PC Software to Control the Maestro” section of the Maestro user’s guide has some information that could help you get started with that.

Something else to consider is that not all servos can rotate through a full 180 degrees, so you should check to make sure that yours can.

-Zach