One button function

Halo,

I want to program a pololu 1350 with pololu JRK 21v3 to operate with just 1 button.Press ones it moves to the lef, release the button and press again and it moves to the right.
normal we got the pololu JRK 21v3 with 2 buttons it works perfect, but a lot of our customers like just one button.
it is for a 24v DC motor.
I would like a drawing. I can connect it but i do not know how to program it.

Thanks in advance

Hello.

Can you be more specific on what kind of drawing you want?

Have you looked at the “Using a button or switch to control servos” example under the “Example Scripts” section in the Maestro user’s guide? That script should give you a general idea of how to read the state of the button and execute the associated movement by relaying the output signal from the Maestro to the jrk with standard hobby RC pulses.

If you try writing some code and have trouble getting it to work, you can post your entire code here, and I would be happy to take a look.

By the way, if you have not gotten the Maestro yet, you might find it easier to control the jrk via serial using a microcontroller like one of our Arduino compatible A-Star 32U4 boards instead of the Maestro’s RC signals. I recommend looking at the “Using the Serial Interface” section of the jrk user’s guide for more information about the interface and the commands available.

- Amanda

Hallo Amanda,
so if am right i can buy me better another board.
can you’ll me which is the best for me, so that i can order this.

thank you very much for your help.

Sounds like you are asking which one of our A-Star 32U4 programmable controllers is best for your setup. If so, any of the A-Star 32U4 boards can work for you, but to help you narrow down the choices, I suggest looking at the A-Star comparison table near the top of the A-Star Programmable Controllers category page.

Since you mentioned using a button, you might consider looking at our A-Star 32U4 Prime boards. The A-Star 32U4 Prime has 3 on-board user pushbuttons you can use to control your jrk as well as other options (e.g. LCD) (which might be a useful feature to add to your system).

If I did not answer your question, can you clarify what you are asking?

- Amanda