No error byte getting back when sending 0x02 to the qik2s12V

Hi,

I send the following command to the Qik2S12V10 controller:

0xAA 0x0A 0x02

to reset an error and get a response what problem the error cause. It is in autodetect baudrate, that’s why the preceding 0xAA is there. 10 is the default id number of the Qik and the 0x0A stands for that. 0x02 is the command for getting the error.

The weird thing is that the error led resets and stops burning and the qik is going back to normal operation. But no byte getting back with the errorreason.

So I am stuck with troubleshooting at step 2. I have done this with the Serial Transmitter Utility.

Any ideas?

Roel

Hello.

Can you tell me how you have everything connected, including what you’re using to connect the qik to your computer?

- Ben

Hi Ben,

Power Qik

VIN to 6V
GND to GND

Serial Qik

TX to RX of Zigbee Console
RX to TX of Zigbee Console
GND to GND

Roel

Hello,

What is a “Zigbee console”? Do you have a link to that product? And how is it connected to your computer?

-Paul

Hi,

Please take a look at the following link:

sparkfun.com/commerce/produc … ts_id=8691

And

sparkfun.com/datasheets/Wire … Manual.pdf

It is wireless connected to another Zigbee console that is connected to a COM port. In that scenario you can have serial communication wireless.

Roel

Hello,

Okay, so you have two Xbees? You still did not say how you connected them to your computer. What specific connections did you make?

-Paul

The first one is connected to my computer by com via USB.

The other is not connected to my computer and only connected to the Qik.

[edit]

Or do you mean:

Baudrate 9600
Parity None
Stopbits One
Databits 8

Hello,

Okay, how is it connected “by com via USB”? The Xbee does not have a USB port, so you must have some wires and another device involved, right?

-Paul

I don´t know where you want to go but here is how it is connected:

sparkfun.com/commerce/produc … ts_id=8687

I can send commands that speed motors etc. But when I send a errorbyte, I don’t get an answer. Same with firmware.

Roel

Hello.

There are a number of things you can try:

1. Disconnect the XBee from the qik and instead connect its TX line directly to its RX line. When you send bytes with the Serial Transmitter Program, do you get those same bytes echoed back?

2. If so, put the qik into demo mode and send bytes to the qik with the Serial Transmitter Program. Do you get those same bytes echoed back?

3. If you take the qik out of demo mode and send the command:

0xAA, 0x82

Do you get a response?

- Ben

I figured it out. The solder of the TX port of the Qik was not good. I tried to fix it but now I have to buy a new Qik, a resistor came loose :’-(