New robot construction

hello,
i have planned to construct a robot which follows light and line…
i am planning for a HEXABOT with these 2 characters…
please help me with the requirement list… :slight_smile:

thank you

Hello,

What kind of hexapod are you trying to build? Have you made a robot before? What are your plans for controlling your hexapod? If you tell us more about what kind of hexapod you are trying to make, we can help you with more specific suggestions.

Try reading our simple heaxpod walker tutorial. It has all of the basic components of a hexapod: servos, legs, a microcontroller, sensors, and a battery.

- Ryan

hey, I am constructing a ROBOT for the first time :slight_smile:
the link u have given is wat i have gone thru…
tht hexabot has stealth feature( i felt tht :)) when the speed is very less…
so i want to integrate both LINE and LIGHT following features into this hexapod :slight_smile:
I want fully autonomous robot…

I am from Benagluru, INDIA… i couldn’t find the polulu 6-channel maestro controller here …

thank you

Hello,

Your posts make it difficult to want to help you; I suspect it’s at least partly due to your English, so I’m replying to give you tips on things to avoid. All of the ellipses (…) in your posts make your posts seem very lazy, and that impression is reinforced by your inability to help yourself at all. Here are just a few ways you can find the micro maestro servo controller:

1. There’s a fairly prominent link from the parts list in the sample project.
  2. If you type “maestro” in our search, it’s the first result.
  3. If you type “Pololu maestro” (note that it’s not “polulu”), it’s the first result.

If you give the impression of not trying at all, people won’t put effort into helping you.

- Jan

I suggest you build that simple hexapod robot as a primer in how to construct a robot. What you learn from building it should give you a better framework to pursue more advanced projects like line following and photo-sensitive robots.

- Ryan