Mini maestro 6ch

hi i ordered a Mini maestro 6ch and i want to use a channel as an input. the instructions say i need to use a 1-100 kilo-ohm pull-up resistor. my question is what is a pull-up resistor and where can i get one?

Read the section under Button or switch.

it is basically an ordinary resistor…called pull up because of how it is being used (it ‘‘pulls’’ the voltage on the signal pin up)