Mini-Maestro 24 Chan Unable to Control Servo's

So I’m new to using these controllers and really robotics as a whole. It was recommended to me to start with the mini-maestro and sub-micro servos sold here. However, I try connecting using the default settings on the controller and am unable to control any servos I attach to the control board. My servo’s are attached properly with the yellow (signal) on the inner most pin on #0. I have it detected to detect the baud rate but the yellow LED never changes flash consistency. When I select fixed baud rate (9600 by default) the yellow LED flashes that it’s ready to send signals to the servo, but when I move the slider on #0 nothing happens. I have tried another maestro board as well as 3 different servos with no luck.

If anymore information is required to help me out with this issue, let me know and I’ll reply promptly.

Hi ,

Understand your trouble ,i had same problem ,and 'll try help you .

In first, if i understand good ,you have 3 type of servo controller with one micro maestro.
1- if yes try test with it in first .
2-did you want control it in serial configuration alone or usb connected ?
3-If you use in serial configuration ,what type of usb to serial interface using (if no serial port )
4-Do you use a self or commercial devellopement card ,mean embeded power (servo and card power ) with reseting command ?

If you any realized these point with micro maestro, we’ll go directly to mini maestro 24.

I had brought a team who helped me here ,why don’t do with you same …

Hi, apjasko.

I am sorry you are having trouble with your Mini Maestro. Could you tell me how you are powering your servos?

- Zeeshan

I have one type of controller, the Mini Meastro 24 Channel.

1. I’ll have to look into this tomorrow and promptly post my findings.
  2. It is USB connected.
  3. See above.
  4. I’m not sure I understand this question, but it is only USB powered at the moment. The program I’m currently using is the supplied software and it has a reset function.

The servos are connected with the 3-pin connector to the Mini Maestro and the Mini Maestro plugged in via USB A to Mini B cable to my laptop (Win 7 Pro 64-Bit).

The USB connection to the Mini Maestro will not supply power to your servos. You will need a separate power supply for your servos. More information about this can be found in the “Powering the Maestro” section of the Maestro user’s guide.

- Zeeshan