Mini Maestro 12 - serial_recieve_byte

Dear all,

The first 6 channel used for servo motor control via UART works fine, then I require the 2nd 6 channel for motor position control (360° rotation).

2nd 6 channel configured as 2 analog input (Enable & Actual Position) & 2 output (CW&CCW), then require receive command from UART for scripting.

Let say: Command from UART is “A10a”, then if actual position 300° then the script should command the CW output until actual position is 10° (Not CCW).

So, anyone could/would help? :cry:

Hello,

Unfortunately, the Mini Maestro does not have a serial_receive_byte command. Can you do what you want with the serial script commands?

Also, we have two products, the jrk 21v3 and jrk 12v12, that are designed specifically for controlling motors with feedback. Maybe these can do what you want?

-Paul

Thanks for the jrk Paul, I have seen it before but my motor require 30Amps on the flow.

BTW, can I use “get_position” for “SERVO” channel?

Let say, I configure channel 10 as servo. Then I write “10 get_position” on the script, with this I hope the servo position equal to command from UART. :question: :unamused:

Yes, you can use get_position on any kind of channel, and that is a fine way to get data into your script if the channel is not being used for anything else. I would have suggested it, but I thought you were out of channels.

What motor controller/driver are you using?

-Paul

Thanks, It works well last night. But, I have to take care of the data. Where data range between analog input and servo has different scale, anyway… problem solved.

So far I am using Pololu protocol 4 byte command with command range 30-63 (10) works well, then I try another 3 byte command (Mini SSC Protocol) to have higher scale but doesn’t work for servo command (255, 0, 127 (10) as per manual). Any hint for this?

BTW, for the motor driver you may find at robot-r-us.com (I forgot the type actually) :astonished:

One more, Just in my mind now. For above receive data case, is it possible to use unavailable channel? Let say for Mini Maestro 12, then I write “15 get_position” (like Virtual Channel, where 12 ch has the same controller with 18/24 right?).

Thanks for the respose :wink:
-Bertoni

Hello,

If there is some command that does not work, can you tell me exactly what bytes you sent, what you expected to happen, and what actually happened?

Sorry, but there is no way to access the channels that are not available on the smaller Maestros.

-Paul

By the way, Robot R Us is one of our distributors, so you might be using one of our motor drivers! Can you find any identifying information printed on the board?

-Paul

I simulate the servo with Pololu Serial Transmitter software, work for pololu protocol (4 byte) but nothing is happened when I sent command using Mini SSC protocol (3 byte). It was (255, 0, 127), the response I expected the servo should be move to center where the actual position is in left position. :unamused:

BTW, yes… robot-r-us help me to get your product where in my country is very difficult to buy your product.
For the motor driver, it was not pololu. I will send the type latter if still matter.

Hopefully pololu will make the “Virtual Channel” in future.

-Bertoni

Hello,

The command you sent should send channel zero to its 8-bit neutral position. What is this setting, and what was the value of channel zero after you sent the command?

It would be helpful if you could also post the 4-byte command that works for you.

-Paul

4-byte command that works for me as per manual sample (132, 0, 112, 46). And off course, I put channel 0 setting to servo.

BTW, 3-byte command is working now after I uninstall some Siemens engineering software installed on my laptop.

After all, I satisfied with this maestro & Pololu.
Vielen Dank für Ihre Hilfe Paul, mein Projekt jetzt Wirklichkeit geworden. :wink:

Hello,

Okay, I am glad that you have it working and that your project is now a reality! (Does that mean that you saw our ad somewhere?)

-Paul

It is. Thanks to uncle Google and I will put your ad on my project. :laughing:

-Dian Bertoni

Been years…

Unfinish but tested…

Just in case…

scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=74588

Hope pololu will come up with strong and longer range transceiver, surprise me…
:wink:

Hello, Dian.

Wow! That looks like quite the project. Thank you for sharing! We plan to add your robot to our Community Projects page soon.

-Jamee