Mini Maestro 12 Language Help

Need some help writing a script. This is the Project: 1970 VW beetle drive by wire throttle system
Dual carbs will be actuated by 2 separate servo’s (channel 2 and 3)
Throttle will actuate a sliding potentiometer (channel 0 on the Maestro)

This would be easy to write a script for; so here’s the tough part.

The ignition system monitors the engine temp and adjusts the spark advance based on three inputs (crank angle, throttle position sensor and engine temp). The ignition system has four output that can be programed to respond to different engine conditions (IE: temp can control a external cooling fan, rpm can control a shift light, ect…) In this case, the temp (cold warm up) will close a relay switch sending a condition to channel 1 on the Maestro. My goal is to have the Mastero advance the two servo to create a “fast idle” condition.

The way I look at it is a basic loop with the potentiometer controlling the servo’s with a goto command for when the “fast idle” switch is activated. The tough part for a novice is that the two actions when called for need to work at the same time (when the engine is cold then separate once the engine warms and the switch is opened).

Any help would be great. Thanks ahead of time.

Rich

Update: there is nothing for free. I am willing to pay a fee of 50 dollars for suscessul completion of the code to make my problem functional. Payment will be through pay pal.

Should be an easy way to make some beer money.

Hello, Rich.

It sounds like your Maestro will have two inputs (channels 0 and 1) and two servo outputs (channels 2 and 3). If you could specify what you’re trying to do a little more, and say where you’re getting stuck then I could help you. Did you succeed in reading the voltage on the inputs? Do you know how to use if statements, comparisons, and arithmetic commands to do different things depending on the input values? Do you know how to set your outputs?

It’s hard for me to tell exactly what you are trying to do, so it would help if you could specify your program in terms of the inputs and outputs. For example: “If channel 0 is above 3 V and channel 1 is less than 1 V, then servos outputs 2 and 3 should go to 1900 microseconds.”

–David

Fantastic; here goes:

I got the jist of adding inputs and outputs

0 channel: slide pot being acutated from throttle peddle.
2-3 channels (servos) will respond to 0 chanel (peddle not being pressed-sliding pot at zero position = servos at full negative position from neutral). Throttle peddle fully depressed-sliding pot with full resistance = servos at full positive position from neutral position. Then the servos will have to respond to positions in between.

1 channel: switch from ignition responding to a “cold enviroment” closes a relay
2-3 channels respond by moving from a position of “full negative” to a position closer to neutral (this will open the butterflys on the carburators and cause a “fast idle condition”) until the relay switch opens (warm enviroment) and the servos return to full negative position.

Trick is that the loop will have to “search” for the switch input to be actuated and respond to the cold enviroment (servos closer to neutral) yet be able to still respond to changes in the sliding pot (ie: gas pedle being depressed).

Hope this make sence…

David,
Forgot to add that I am an Anesthesia provider, not so much a electrical eng… I get the idea of basic language. But that’s about it…

I have been successful with putting together very basic language (ie: reproducing stuff already presented in the instructions, but that’s about it). I’ve got the all the inputs and output to function, it’s just a matter of writing the language to correctly respond to the inputs.

Just to repeat: servos need to respond to changes in the potentiometer (not just go to fixed positions based on pot settings, needs to be fluid type movement) and also advance from full negative to a position closer to neutral when the switch is activated (ie: cold enviroment) yet still respond to changes in the potentiomenter (driving while the engine is still cold) then return to “baseline” once the engine is warm.

I solved my own problem last night…yeaaa for me…
Thanks for responding david

I just noticed you want to use the Maestro to control the throttle on an actual car. Our products are not meant to be used in applications where malfunction can cause injury or property damage, and I strongly recommend you do not use our products in the application you are describing.

–David