Micro serial Controller

Hello,

I just have bought a micro serial servo controller, and I’m trying to interface it with a palm (Delivering an inverted serial RS232 signal).I’ve connected the palm to the RS232 Pin of the serial controller. Before sending any signal the orange led is lighting. I’m working in Mini SSC II mode, so I send the right sequence of 3 bytes [start byte, servo number, servo position]. The first time I send the sequence the servo answer and move. At this time, all the led are turned off. But after the servo doesn’t answer to the next sequence (Even if the controller indicate a serial activity, since the green led is lighting when I send those next sequence). The servo can only answer after reseting the controller. So do you have an answer to my problem ? Thank you for answering.

Regards

Benoit Rochet

Hello,

You might be sending commands to a servo number that your servo controller is not controlling. When we ship the unit, the controller is configured to control servo numbers 0-7; if those are the numbers you are trying, you might have inadvertently changed the servo numbers. You can either try other servo numbers or set the servo controller to control servos 0-7.

- Jan

Hello,

I though it was the problem, but I’ve written a loop, where the number of the servo was 0-254, and I’d no repons. I think my problem is because I’ve an inverted rs232 signal from the palm (-5V->1 and +5V->0). I will try to invert the signal with a mosfet. Thanks for your reply

Regards

Benoit Rochet

The RS-232 input on the servo controller does the inversion, so that should not be the problem. Are you sure your servo is working? If you ever plugged it in backwards, you could have destroyed it.

- Jan