Micro Maestro Output Signal

hello, im interested in trying to get one of the channels on the MM to act as a switch.

i dont need the output to give any power, nor do the 2 wires being connected produce any voltage

do i just set the channel to output, and connected the wires to servo data and servo ground and make a value of 1500+?

or would i have to add something else?

thank you
seesoe

Hello,

I do not think you have described what you are doing very clearly. If you want a circuit that is literally exactly like a switch, you will need to connect the Maestro output through some driver circuitry to a relay. An easy way to do this is with the Pololu RC Switch. But is that what you want? What are you connecting this to?

-Paul

apologies for not specifying, i am replacing an electronic trigger switch on a paintball gun.

i used to have a rc relay board from trossen, however i miss placed it and need at alternative solution relatively soon, and didn’t want to buy a new one.

my board looks very similar to this, i need to replace the brown and black wire trigger switch.

i think this one will work perfectly, no?
pololu.com/catalog/product/752

servo rc connects to IN, VRC, GND and the 2 wires for the trigger will connect to GND, OUT?

thank you
seesoe

Hello,

There is no reason to use the RC switch without MOSFET in your application, since its output is identical to the normal Maestro output. Do you understand how a TTL output is different from a switch?

Anyway, it is impossible for me to tell exactly what would happen if you replaced the switch with the Maestro output. Some circuits could work if connected like that, others would destroy something. I would not recommend experimenting like this unless you are willing to break your Maestro or your trigger.

-Paul

haha my mistake! i never check that i pasted the right link!
i meant to link the same one you did pololu.com/catalog/product/1210

that is what i was thinking i had to do if i wasn’t going to use a rc switch, use some soft of fet to trigger it, but the #1210 is just cleaner

ya it would be pointless to use a rc digital output board when its built right into the MM in the first place and is messy to get working.

Hello,

Just to be clear, you still need the relay even if you use the RC switch.

-Paul