Maestro speed for digital outputs

Hi,
I am looking for a usb realtime controllable device with approx 20 digital outputs to control a transistor scheme. I need to be able to change all the values of the outputs after every ~5 microseconds (μs)
Will Maestro 24 be able to do the job? Is it possible to know how long will it take to change the value of all the outputs on Maestro 24?
This device is at good price. I was hoping to make sure it can be used like that before purchasing.
Thanks for the reply!
Kristjan

Hello,

Sorry, but no, that is far beyond the capabilities of the Maestro, whether it is controlled by its internal scripting language (which can run a few thousand instructions per second) or over a serial interface (which can accept a few thousand commands per second).

You should really be programming a microcontroller directly in C or assembly if you need this kind of speed.

-Paul

Hi, thanks for the answer.
And I understand 1 operation is used to change the value of 1 output, not all of them?
Thanks.

Hello,

The script commands change one servo at a time at most.

There is a serial command that can change the state of all 24 of them simultaneously, and it requires 51 bytes of data to specify all of the positions. Even at the maximum theoretical speed of USB it is going to take about 50 us to transfer the data, but I think that you will not get anywhere close to that in practice. Using the TTL serial port at 200kbps, you should be able to send that command in 2.5 ms.

-Paul