Maestro 6 - setTarget not working

Hello,

I am having trouble with the setTarget method from the Pololu SDK. I have 360 degree servos. When I use the configuration program that comes with the Maestro I see that the target is set to 1500 and that is neutral for my servos. When I try to use setTarget(0, 1500) in my application, my servos spin at full speed.

Thanks,

Adam

Hello, Adam.

The values in the Status tab of the Maestro Control Center are displayed in units of microseconds, but usually whenever you are writing code for the Maestro you need to use the native units of the Maestro which are quarter microseconds. Please try this:

setTarget(0, 4*1500);

–David

David,

Thank you for your reply. I will give that a shot tonight. So if I am understanding you correctly the range is 0-12000? Oddly enough, when I use:

setTarget(0,0);

my servo stops spinning. I would expect that a zero value would spin it full speed if 6000 is centered.

Thanks,

Adam

A value of 0 tells the Maestro to stop sending pulses. Non-zero values are pulse widths. Typical allowed pulse widths for servos are 1000-2000us, so the normal range would be 4000-8000.

–David

Awesome! I am very excited to try this out. Thank you very much for your help.