Is this two-position design doable?

Hello,

I have a four-terminal switch where two of them are inputs, the third terminal is output which is determined by the fourth control terminal to select one of the inputs, i.e. if the signal into control terminal is high voltage, the output equal input A, while the signal into the control terminal is low voltage, the output equal input B.

I intend to use Maestro’s two channels as the two inputs of the switch, which corresponding to two position of the servo. In this case, if I can control the timing of the signal into the control terminal of the switch, I can control the timing of positions of the servo.

Is it doable? Thanks!

Mi

Hello,

It sounds like your “switch” is basically a multiplexer, in which case it would probably work in the situation you are describing. However, why do you need to use the switch to change servo positions rather than just having the Maestro change the position it is sending on one channel?

If you need to take an external input into account, you might be able to write a script for the Maestro to read that input and set the servo output accordingly. You can find more information about scripting for the Maestro in its user’s guide.

- Kevin