Incompelte rotation of Futaba Standard Servo

Hi

I just gotten problem. when i try to send request for servo (I’m using Futaba Standard Servo) with SSC, it does not rotate the horn completely 180 degree but somewhere almost 1/3 less of both sides and it also stains alot . Here is my code in MikroBasic with PIC16F887. its a test code for using Micro SSC with Mini SSC II mode.

program Test_iRover
dim iRoverOpt as byte
Soft_Uart_Init(PORTC, 7, 6, 9600) ’ Initialize soft UART Rx, Tx
main:
Soft_Uart_Write(255)
Soft_Uart_Write(0) 'Servo 0.
Soft_Uart_Write(0) 'CW rotration
Delay_ms(500)

Soft_Uart_Write(255)
Soft_Uart_Write(0) 'Servo 0.
Soft_Uart_Write(254) ’ CCW rotration
Delay_ms(500)
goto main

Detailed help will be appreciated

Hello,

Servos can’t necessarily turn 180 degrees. You should find out each of your servos’ mechanical limits, and make sure not to tell them to go past them. You can destroy servos by telling them to go to a position they can’t physically go to.

- Jan

Hi Jan,

I’ve tested and used the very same servo type in my other projects using Parallax Servo Controller (USB) and it worked fine but Now when I try to use it with Micro Pololu SC it doesn’t work well. Yes you are correct regarding destroying servo which I have already that’s the reason i want to know the fix.

the servo details can be found on the following link.
parallax.com/Portals/0/Downl … dservo.pdf

or here
parallax.com/Store/Accessori … roductName

You say “very same servo type”. Individual units can vary, and I thought the “straining” you were observing sounded like the servo was hitting the mechanical limit. Upon looking at your code, I see you’re using the Mini SSC II mode commands with the 90-degree range, so there’s no reason to expect 180-degree range (though the straining is still not good). To get double the output pulse range, add 8 to the servo number in Mini SSC II mode, or use the Pololu protocol, which will give you even more range and better resolution.

- Jan