How do I control the PWM output for Mini Maestro in Qt?

Hello!

I am currently using the Polstro library which is a cross platform C++ library made for the Mini Maestro. I have been successful at controlling the servos with the library in Qt, I am wondering how I would control the motor driver that I use with the PWM output. I simply control the motor driver sending a PWM pulse to it and changing the direction using the INV and sending a high or low.

The library:

https://code.google.com/p/polstro/source/browse/trunk/PolstroLib/PolstroSerialInterface.h?spec=svn10&r=10

Many thanks!
Charlotte

Hello, Charlotte.

The Maestro has a serial command called “Set PWM” for setting the PWM period and on time, but the Polstro library currently does not support it. You could probably add a function to the Polstro library for sending that command. In order to understand the format of that command, you should look at the “Serial Servo Commands” section of the Maestro User’s Guide.

–David

Hello David,

I have successfully added PWM to the library. Thank you for your help!

Kind regards,
Charlotte

Hey guys,

I’m looking to control a motor driver that reads PWM signals with my Maestro, could you explain a little further how you got that to work?

Thanks
Cade

Hello, Cade.

Only the 12, 18, and 24 channel Maestros can output PWM signals, and those Maestros can only use one channel as a general purpose PWM output. You can find additional information about setting a channel as a PWM output in the “Status and Real-time Control” section of the Maestro user’s guide.

We also got an email from you that indicated that you were interested in having as many as 12 independent PWM signals. If you need that many PWM outputs, you might consider the Arduino Mega 2560 R3. Fifteen of its digital pins can be used as PWM outputs.

- Grant