How can I read the digital feedback with the Pololu Jrk 21v3

Hello everybody,

how can i get the signal from a digital encoder to my motorcontroller?
I tried to increase the period time to 500 or 1000ms and changed of course my feedback mode to Frequency(digital).
As nothing worked, i tried to plug in a stabilized 5V+ voltage source and toggled it very often (on/off) but the Scaled Feedback stayed always
at 50% and even changed not one time.

I think it somehow must be possible to get my Signal (0V low and 5V high) to the jrk motor controller (#1392).

Please help me! :neutral_face:

Hello.

What are your feedback scaling settings, as shown in the feedback tab?

Please try looking at the “Scaled Feedback” label shown in the main window instead of looking at the graph. If you have the default settings for feedback scaling, you should be able to see Scaled Feedback go up or down by a few counts when you are rapidly toggling the FB pin.

You’re using the FB pin to do your toggling experiment, right?

–David

Hello.

I put my feedback seetings into a screenshot you can see below.

Yes I am using the FB (5V+ / 0V) and the ground pin to do my toggling experiment.

I also tried to reset to default settings (File/reset to default settings) and just change the feedback mode to Frequency(digital) and my PID period time to 1000ms, but nothing happened when i startet to do the toggling experiment.

Thank you for your help! :smiley:

Please try looking at the “Scaled Feedback” label shown in the main window instead of looking at the graph. It should be at 2047 when you are not toggling the FB pin, and then go down a few counts when you are toggling the FB pin by intermittently connecting it to GND. I just did the same experiment you did (except with a jrk 12v12) and I was able to get Scaled Feedback to go down as low as 2042 while toggling it by hand.

–David

Thank you very much!

First, I did everything you said, but instead of connecting the FB to the ground, i tried to connect it to a 5V Voltage source.
I did not know that i have to ‘short-circuit’ the two pins.

Thank you again for your help!