Help with MC33926 Single Motor Driver & Arduino + Prox

Hello

I’m working on a project where I want to control a car antenna with an Arduino. These are the parts I have:

Arduino Diecimila
Motor Driver 2.5A MC33926
Ultrasonic Range Finder - Maxbotix LV-EZ1
Metra 44-PW22 Universal Car Radio Power Antenna (parts-express.com/pe/showdet … er=265-951)

I want to make the antenna go up as you get closer to it and then down when you get further away. the antenna will not be mounted in a car. I will be mounted in a free standing sculpture.

In the past I have used an arduino and the EZ1 with a continuous servor motor. But the DC motor and motor shield are new to me. Any examples or suggestions I can work off of? I especially need to know about wiring and some example code.

Hello.

That sounds like an interesting project, and we would love to see your results when it is complete!

Unfortunately, we do not have any wiring diagrams or example code for the MC33926 motor driver carrier; details can be found on product page and in the MC33926 datasheet. If you post a wiring diagram or code that you are working on, someone here would be happy to look at it.

Also, it might be easier if you considered using the Motor Driver Shield for Arduino, because it simplifies all of your connections by plugging directly into the Arduino board, eliminating the need to wire your Arduino to the motor driver. We provide an Arduino Library for the shield, which includes some example programs for using it to control motors.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

-Ken