Help needed for a newbee

Hi, i’m newbee to servos and electronics. I bought these materials from pololu.com:
Rechargeable NiMH Battery Pack: 7.2 V, 350 mAh
Micro Maestro 6-Channel USB Servo Controller
Power HD Mini Servo HD-1160A

I connect servo controller to my pc by USB, and use batteries as a power supply for servos. I am sure i wire the circuit correctly but i cannot move my servos. I have read the user’s guide, especially wiring part, but i cannot find the solution. What should be wrong about my circuit?
I need help,
Thank you.

Hello,

One immediate problem with your setup is that the HD-1160A servo has an operating voltage range of 4.5 to 6 V, as specified in its datasheet (found under the Resources tab of its product page), so 7.2 V is too high. (In general, most servos are designed to work with 4.8 to 6 V.) You should make sure to find a more suitable battery or other power source before continuing.

Are you trying to control the servo using a slider in the Maestro Control Center? Have you enabled the channel the servo is connected to, and does the green ball follow the slider when you move it? Can you take a clear picture of your setup that shows all your connections so I can check them?

- Kevin

Hello Kevin,
Here is the photo of the system, I use slider to control the servo and there is no problem about the software, it seems I must find an appropriate power source.
Thank you.