Help in Micro Maestro 6-Channel USB Servo Controller script

hi all,
i was given a Micro Maestro 6-Channel USB Servo Controller in which I am supposed to control 2 spindles.
1st spindle to move 180 degrees and back.
2nd spindle to move -180 degrees and back.
and lastly both to move 360 and -360.

i have downloaded the Pololu program controller. But I am stuck in which I have no idea as to what to do. As the User guide does not state as to how to script it. please help thank you.

Hi.

You can find out how to get started entering a script by reading the “Entering a Script” section of the Pololu Maestro Servo Controller User’s Guide. Also in that user’s guide you, will find the “The Maestro Scripting Language” section that shows you the commands available for use with the Maestro and examples of how to use them.

Alternatively, you might try using the “Save Frame” button in the “Maestro Control Center” to record the position of each of your servos. Once you have saved all of the frames you want, you can use the “Copy Sequence to Script” button found under the “Sequence” tab to convert the sequence into a script. The script created by doing this can be viewed in the “Script” tab.

By the way, please note that standard RC servos are generally not capable of the ranges you described; you will likely need to get a specialty servo (e.g. a 1T sail winch servo).

-Derrill

Hi Derrill, thank you so much for your reply. What I currently have is a TowerPro SG-5010 and a Parrallex continuous servo. Which I hope can work for this command. But beside the script problem, I also have got no idea on how the status, channel settings and sequence as well. And would this script be a difficult on to write? I was told that for it to turn 180 degrees and back took only 3 lines of command in script.

Thank you in advance,
Rayson

The Tower Pro SG-5010 servo only has a range of about 180 degrees, and the Parallax continuous rotation servo does not have any position feedback, so it seems like those servos are not suitable for what you want to do.

If you are having problems understanding how to write your script, I suggest using the alternative method I referenced in my previous post.

-Derrill

Hi Derill, thank you for your reply once again. I shall get the one that you have recommended instead. However, besides the script, I am having problems setting the status, channel and serial settings as well. Is it a very difficult thing to do?
Thank you for your kind advises.

No, those things shouldn’t be too difficult to do and all are covered in detail in the Pololu Maestro Servo Controller User’s Guide.

-Derrill

Hi thank you,

google.com.sg/imgres?um=1&sa … =138&ty=43

this is something im looking for. for the servo to spin. for starters maybe just a 180 degrees and 180 degrees back to it original position. Can i get somewhat like a sample script of that so i can use it for the others? thank you so much derill.

A simple servo sequence example script is available in the Pololu Maestro Servo Controller User’s Guide in the Example Scripts section.

-Derrill