Dual motor controller

Hello, I am new to the products and find them great. But I am having difficulty using my micro dual motor controller with my serial 8-servo controller. If you have any suggestions on configuration and programming that would be great! :smiley:

Hello,

Could you be more specific about your problem? What are you trying to do, and what is happening? Is the servo controller working?

By the way, configuration is something you only need to do once, if the default does not suit your needs.

- Jan

Sorry for not being specific enough, here are more of the details. I am trying to make a robotusing the servo controler as the main robot conroller. I am trying to send the motor conrtoller commands though the servo unit. They both work fine I just want to be able to plug the servo unit in and controll my robot from there. I was wondering how I should set it up and what to do. Thank you for your time.

Hello,

Both the servo controller and motor controller are slave devices intended to be controlled by a main controller. Neither is capable of stand-alone operation. To make a robot, you will need a programmable main controller, such as the BASIC Stamp from Parallax or our Orangutan controllers. Since it sounds like you don’t know what you’re doing yet, the Parallax products are probably the easiest way to get started.

- Jan