CP 2102 Driver

Does anyone know if there are any switches that can be used to install the cp 2102 driver in unattended mode?

Hello. The executables in our CP2102 Drivers are copies of the DPInst utility provided by Microsoft. You can see the command-line switches for DPInst here:

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library … 44775.aspx

Let us know what you find out!

I would be interested to know what product of ours are you using, and what you are doing with it.

–David

David

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

I’m still having problems doing a silent install on the pololu-cp2102-setup-x86.exe using the /q switch but at least I know I’m on the right track

By the way were using a Pololu USB 16-Servo Controller

Thanks
Kevin

I am glad you are making progress. There are two INF files in that installer. The Pololu-specific one has not been tested by Microsoft’s WHQL, so the user usually sees a prompt when trying to install it. The prompt looks like these ones:

b.pololu-files.com/picture/0J415 … 6ba14ee503

Is that the problem you are having? If you are able to suppress that prompt somehow, I would be very interested to know how.

–David

Good news, It may not be the best way but for what I require I have it working.

You were correct the Microsoft popup was what was causeing my quiet install to fail.

I found a site that explained how to export the cert once you had installed it the first time and then using that cert on future installs.
http://www.migee.com/2010/09/24/solution-for-unattendedsilent-installs-and-would-you-like-to-install-this-device-software
I also removed the files slabvcp.cat and slabvcp.ini

then created a simple batch file with the following lines:
certutil -addstore “TrustedPublisher” “path to cert\Pololu.cer”
“path to executable\pololu-cp2102-setup-x86.exe” /q

It worked perfect on my next install

Kevin

1 Like