Controlling several mini Maestros using VB

Hello,

I’d like to control several mini Maestros using VB 2008. If this is possible, how can I do that? What VB codes would be like that allows me to select a specific Maestro connected to a single computer? Can I simultaneously control several Maestros?

Jack777

Hello.

Yes, you can control several Maestros using Visual Basic. The Pololu USB Software Development Kit contains a VB.NET example program (MaestroEasyExampleVb) for the Maestro that uses native USB, which can help get you started. To control multiple Maestros connected to your computer via USB, you will need to change the example code to select a particular Maestro by its serial number. There are comments about how to do that in the function connectToDevice(), which can be found in MainWindow.vb.

Alternatively, you might consider daisy-chaining your Maestros together to reduce the number of USB ports being used in your setup. More information about daisy chaining, including a simplified wiring diagram, can be found in the “Daisy Chaining” section of the Maestro user’s guide. Also, if you do decide to daisy chain your Maestros, you will need to keep track of the Device Number that you assign to each Maestro. If you use the Maestro’s native USB interface, you can read the Maestro’s serial numbers or any configuration option from the Maestro, including its Device Number; you could use either the serial number or the Device Number to identify the Maestros.

By the way, one of our forum members posted their working Visual Basic .NET script for the Maestro, which you might also find helpful.

- Amanda

Amanda,

Sorry for the delay in replying to your post but thank you for answering my question. I will follow your instructions.

Jack777