Controlling Pololu Jrk 21v3 USB Motor Controller with Feedback with a CNC controller

To whom it may concern:

I purchased the Pololu Jrk 21v3 USB Motor Controller with Feedback, 8-28V 5A. It is really an excellent DC controller.

I am controlling the speed controller with the following CNC controller, but I want to be able to stop and start the small DC motor (to be used as spindle in my project).

Kflop CNC Controller

AND

KStep stepper and spindle controller

I looked in the KStep documentation and I found the following with regards controller a controller and stopping and starting a motor.

http://dynomotion.com/Help/KMotionCNC/SpindleControl.htm

If I am not mistaken this should be done with a Relay.

I found the following documentation with regards starting and stopping the

I have a mechanical background, so I am very nervous of what I do not know when it comes to electronics. any ideas or explanations would be welcome.

Hello, GS76.

We are not very familiar with those CNC controllers, and it is not clear how they relate to using the Jrk in your setup. Can you clarify what you are trying to do, and what part you are having trouble with? Do you have questions that are specific to the Jrk controller?

Brandon

Thank you for the reply Brandon.

I want to know how I can “stop” and “start” the motor with the controller?

As I said in my previous post, we are not very familiar with those CNC controllers, so it is not clear to me how you are using all of those controllers together.

In general, the Jrk supports multiple interfaces for controlling a motor; however, if you are using a separate microcontroller as your main controller, it is probably most practical to use the Jrk’s TTL serial interface. You can find more information about the supported protocols and motor commands in the “Command Protocols” and “Motor Control Commands” sections of the Jrk user’s guide, respectively.

Brandon