Controlling motor with customise User interface

Hi,

I have a Pololu jrk21v3. I would like to have my own user interface using Visual C# to control the motor and other interfaces that are available in the kit. I am wondering if you have the source code/interfaces available so that I can control the motor using Visual C#.

Appreciate your kind reponse!

Thanks
Ruzhan

Hello Ruzhan,
I think we can provide a C# class for use with the jrk within a couple of days, since we have received a few other requests for it. Could you tell us what you are planning to do with this interface? Are you using it for configuration or for sending control commands?

-Paul

Hi Paul,

That’s great to hear that you guys are working on it! It will be nice if you have something similar like the Phidget kit has (www.phidget.com), which supports all the C# interfaces. Most likely I will use for controlling the motor speed, but I will discuss it with my partner on this. I will post another message once we have discussed on what we want for our user interface.

Ruzhan

Hello,
I have sent you a private message with a pre-release version of the source code. It is not documented at all yet, but maybe you can take a look at it and ask me questions here.

You are welcome to use the code for whatever you like, but we ask that you credit us if you use it in your work, for example with a link back to www.pololu.com.

-Paul

Dwight asked in a PM:

The C# code is basically a wrapper for the Windows DLLs, especially winusb.dll. If you are going to write your code in C/C++, it doesn’t make much sense to write a wrapper around this wrapper, so I would recommend translating our C# back into C++, or just using the code as a reference so that you know which USB commands to send.

-Paul

OK. Looks like I have some work to do here to make it work in C/C++.

As an aside, I could not load the csproj files because they were returning an error on load into VS2005. Turned out that the environment variable MSBuildToolsPath was not set on my installation for some reason. Since I do not use C# (or any other MS specific API or language), I had not encountered this before. Once I fixed that I could at least load code to see what I will need to replicate in C/C++

thanks for making this available
–dwight

Hi,

I tried to build the jrk C# library files but receive errors as shown below:

Error 1 The type or namespace name ‘UsbWrapper’ does not exist in the namespace ‘Pololu’ (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Anyone can help?

Thanks
Ruzhan

Ok, I am able to build the jrk solution now. I got it from the new driver downloadable on the website.

Thanks
Ruzhan

Where can we find a copy of the C# source?