Controller went craxy when USB cable is pulled out

Hi,
I created a script and run normally with USB cable on. When i try to take out the USB, it failed to run logically. I can see the motion is abit similair but haywire.
The motion is very simple.

What is the thing that I did not do ?

Hello.

I suspect that this is a power issue. How are you powering your servo(s), and how many are you using? How is everything connected? Which controller are you using?

Also, If you are using a Maestro, have you checked the “Run script on startup” checkbox in the control center?

-Jamee

Hello.

I am using a 11.2v Lipo battery with voltage regulator, 5V . When running with USB and lipo, it is fine. when i pull out the USB, the motion is weird. Short of like motion incomplete, but it is not random.

I have 8 servos connected. I power up the board and the servo using the same source, 5V .
Do I need to try to power up the board using another battery source to try out ?

Maestro 12. I am doing something like a Kondo turtle robot.

Initially the motion was more complex, that is why i though it did not work due to memory. After that, i tried with very simple program. It did not work also. It run fine with USB connected.

Hello.

Your servos are probably introducing noise to your 5V rail, which is also the logic voltage for the board, and that is causing problems. You should consider decoupling the servo power from the board logic by using a second 5V regulator to power the board and the more powerful 5V regulator to power the servos. By the way, if you are powering the servos from a regulator, you should make sure it can deliver a lot of current. You might want to budget around 1A per servo.

-Jamee