Control Center can't connect to Micro Controller

Having searched the forums, site, and the rest of the net, and still not coming up with an answer, I feel confident in posting about this problem. This is my first experience with servo controllers, so my apologize if some of this comes off as n00bish.

I was trying to get a servo working with the Micro Controller, and started playing around with the settings.
Now when I start the Control Centre software, as it attempts to connect to the Micro, I get an error box (error 0x0000) that says:

Error applying settings to the form. Value of ‘20’ is not valid for “Value”. "Value should be between ‘Minimum’ and ‘Maximum’. Parameter name “Value”

When I click okay on the error message, it disconnects from the board. The USB is solid and Yellow LED is blinking rapidly.
I looked for a way to reset the board to default settings, but I don’t understand if sending low voltage (how low?) to the RST pin will reset the SETTINGS or just “power cycle” the board.
I have tried reinstalling the drivers and software.

Any help is much appreciated.

Hello, Trrl.

It sounds like you managed to load invalid settings on to your Maestro somehow. Do you remember what you were doing? If you could tell us the steps to reproduce this, that would be great. Also, please open a Command Prompt and run:

usccmd --getconf %userprofile%\Desktop\bad_maestro_settings.txt

This will create a file named “bad_maestro_settings.txt” on your desktop. If you could post that here maybe that will help me figure out what went wrong.

Applying a low voltage to the RST pin will not change any Maestro settings; it is similar to power cycling the Maestro. To reset the settings, try running:

usccmd --restoredefaults

Let me know how it goes!

–David

Hey, that worked great! The settings have been reset. I did not realize when they say command line, it literally means the command prompt.

I believe I messed up a setting with the ‘Min’ and ‘Max’ settings, here were my settings.

<!--Pololu Maestro servo controller settings file, https://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/1350-->
<UscSettings version="1">
  <NeverSuspend>false</NeverSuspend>
  <SerialMode>USB_DUAL_PORT</SerialMode>
  <FixedBaudRate>9600</FixedBaudRate>
  <SerialTimeout>0</SerialTimeout>
  <EnableCrc>false</EnableCrc>
  <SerialDeviceNumber>12</SerialDeviceNumber>
  <SerialMiniSscOffset>0</SerialMiniSscOffset>
  <Channels ServosAvailable="2" ServoPeriod="23">
    <!--Period = 0.9813333333333333333333333333 ms-->
    <!--Channel 0-->
    <Channel name="" mode="Output" min="3968" max="8000" homemode="Off" home="0" speed="0" acceleration="0" neutral="6000" range="1905" />
    <!--Channel 1-->
    <Channel name="" mode="Input" min="0" max="1024" homemode="Ignore" home="0" speed="0" acceleration="0" neutral="1024" range="1905" />
    <!--Channel 2-->
    <Channel name="" mode="Output" min="3968" max="8000" homemode="Off" home="0" speed="0" acceleration="0" neutral="6000" range="1905" />
    <!--Channel 3-->
    <Channel name="" mode="Input" min="0" max="1024" homemode="Ignore" home="0" speed="0" acceleration="0" neutral="1024" range="1905" />
    <!--Channel 4-->
    <!--Channel 5-->
  </Channels>
  <Sequences />
  <Script ScriptDone="true" />
</UscSettings>

Thank you so much for your help.